Mrs Giles’ Class Update

Dear parents,

We are very excited to be performing our class assembly on ‘Growth Mindset’ this Friday. The children have been working hard learning songs and lines as well as honing their gymnastic skills to create some impressive balances. All the children know their parts and have been asked to provide simple costumes by Tuesday- many of the children are playing neurons and have been asked to bring in any brightly coloured clothes, wigs, baseball caps (anything goes). I have lots of spare accessories they can borrow. The two children playing ‘The Power of Yets’ have been asked to wear black and white clothes with a black superhero cloak if possible (no problem if not- I shall find some). Everyone needs to know their lines by Tuesday as we have our first practice in the hall. Children who are absent for the assembly will have the responsibility of making some props and performing in the final song (via video!).

I have not set any specific numeracy or literacy homework for this week as history projects are due in tomorrow and I am aware the children have had to learn their songs/ lines. I would like them however to keep practising their rainbow maths targets, complete their independent reads and collect examples of our spelling focus. Following our Victorian focus visits last week, I would like the children to carefully consider which area of Victorian life they would like to study after half term. Once decided, it would be great if they could try to find some resources to support their learning- maybe visiting the libraries, finding some useful websites (they had training this week from Mr Lane on how to see how reliable a website is) or maybe going to the Guernsey Folk Museum again to take some photos. Please do not let them do any specific research as we will be doing this in class but encourage them to choose an area which really interests them. In literacy this week, we shall be writing recounts of our trip to the Folk Museum- these will be sent as thank-you letters to Mr Morris. We learnt so many things and realised how different life was for the Victorians.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information,

Mrs Giles